Sunday, May 3, 2015

My Nepal, Our Nepal!

My beloved Nepal, From the distant land in the Western horizon, today like countless others, I am hoping for you to bounce back again. I am praying for the chaos to end right here right now.I am wishing for you to be happy and beautiful again.For you are my mother and always shall be. For all these years staying away from you made me feel may be somehow my love for you has ceased. May be I've chosen to move on by turning blind eye towards you but this incomprehensible crisis that you had to go through made me realize, that is not the complete picture at all.I decided to live my life away from you but you and only you can be my mother- I am for you are! You gave me identity,you gave me memories; moreover my childhood blossomed in your lap and you made sure I bloomed enough so that I could choose what I wanted to do with my life. I cannot thank you enough for letting me take refuge in your heart, for embracing me with arms wide open and for letting me be a proud 'Nepali' . You were poor ,you were shabby but never once you forgot to smile,never once you stopped loving your children. And I want to thank you for withstanding all the hurdles gracefully. You taught me the essence of unity in diversity.You taught me to be brave and always to keep my head held high no matter how hard it was. You taught me to fall but to rise a notch higher once I get up.You taught me to be kind and considerate.You taught me to have a huge heart and to keep my arms open to everyone and anyone.You taught me to be everything -A Nepali ever stands for. Thank you for being my mother, my inspiration and my first love.I know you are hurt but we your children shall promise to recreate you steadily.We vow to stand by you and with all our fellow Nepalese brothers and sisters in sickness and in health .We stand in solidarity today and hopefully this petrifying horror will soon come to an end.You got this Nepal! It will be okay. Dedicated to our Nepal! Jai Nepal!

No comments: