Monday, November 15, 2010

Remorse...............???????????????

Laying on my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling, completely unaware of "What's going on?"- I realize nothing is as soothing as peace of mind. Ahh! peace of mind, I exclaim to myself. Who wouldn't love to lay down peacefully- entirely content with self and others. BUT as Newton's third law states"TO EVERY ACTION THERE IS EQUAL AND OPPOSITE REACTION",there certainly is something that debilitates the state of peace of mind. The culprit as it seems , the driving force as I call it would be "Guilt". Intimidated?Scornful?Devastated?Agitated?Battered?-it could be the state of your mind or mine-not at all times but certainly at majority of times. We might have ignored it in all the possible ways or at least tried."I am bad or I did bad which is why I am guilty"-if anybody says so I see it as an understatement.Guilt isn't something you experience just because you didn't do something righteous.Simply not. For instance,you being betrayed by someone close OR you betraying someone else has identical feel to it.Spare some time and think about it, you will get an answer loud and clear. And that's what I am talking about. "I am guilty not just because I am not right all the time but also because someone else I think should be right isn't right at all times." Guilt has sowed its seed-Nothing is picture perfect as it seems. Guilt can drive us to misery but we have always ignored it taking us out from misery. Confused?-let me explain. "I feel I don't deserve you because I haven't done everything in your best interest,I have violated your rules to the extent that I can't face my own image.What a shame I am to myself!- I am guilty more than you can ever imagine. Likewise, " I shouldn't have trusted you in the first place, How could you be so ignorant? i hate myself for loving and trusting you . I have made a complete fool out of myself. I am guilty more than you can ever imagine for letting you take me down." However, whatsoever, whenever and wherever guilt has served it's purpose which is to confront you with the real you, no matter how bitter the truth is. A stitch in time saves nine is a perfect catchphrase in this case. Misery like other emotions doesn't stay with your forever, after all you have to move on. You move on but with better and refined you. Guilt within you has subsided the evil within you or has unmasked the evil within others. So,I admit that I feel guilty for not being as spontaneous as my favorite Wall street journal writers or not as imaginative as my favorite novelists. But, that won't stop me from jotting down my feelings, how frivolous it may appear in front of you. With this guilt enclosed within me, I might get better at my writing skills someday. So, being guilty isn't that bad. As much as you would hate to confront it, i would love to embrace it. After all it's all about understanding "GUILTY PLEASURE."

No comments: